Monday, May 30, 2005

Boats, Boats and more Boats

Hi there... I want to give you advance notice that there will be several boats in operation for the weekend. Mark and Jon co-own several boats and at least one will be there (likely both). See the photo of the Eliminator in the Flickr photostream for a closer look at what will likely injure an unsuspecting tuber.

Jen and I also hopped into the world of "boats" with the purchase of a three-seat waverunner this spring. We broke it in on Lake Winnepesaukee this past weekend and it's fast. We're looking forward to bringing it to Island Pond for the week.

So why am I writing this? Well, I've seen a distrubing trend begin over the last few weekends at Island Pond. I'll call it the "Sunday Mass... Exodus" for lack of a better term. Regardless of the weather a great many of you pack up and take off before noon on Sunday. This is completely understandable given the toll the Road Rally/Pond Party takes on a person and the fact that you need to wake up for work on Monday morning. The "post-Rally Monday work coma" is well documented, but... we'd love to have you hang around on Sunday and enjoy the beach, boats and leftover BBQ. Stay the night if you can - drive home in the afternoon if absolutely necessary.

Sunday in Island Pond is an underutilized, unappreciated resource... stick around and soak up the rays! Feel free to leave a comment and include a reason "why" it's important to stay for Sunday... maybe it'll make it on my Top Ten Reasons to Stay on Sunday List... which I'll read around the bonfire before announcing this years Road Rally winners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Island Pond Road Rally. Make you own badge here.