All the latest news, results, dates and other such stuff related to the annual rally and gathering in the northeast kingdom of Vermont... delivered in an easy to digest format with maximum fiber. Enjoy!
August 1-3, 2008
Here's the current long range forecast for Island Pond, VT next weekend (7/28-30). I like the % chance of rain, but have come to realize you can't count on these things...
Weather, smether, you big bunch of pansies! I just drove across the entire US in three days. With my girlfriend. In a Nissan pickup. With no A/C. That's 1000 miles a day through a country-wide heatwave. I am unstoppable at this point. I kept the morale up, the pedal to the metal, and took _no_ wrong turns. Y'all best be watchin' out, but not in your rearview, cause I'll never be there!!
yih yih yih, the tripe these trash talkers project!
No A/C? at least you have a roof to keep the sun off! the Entire US, in three days? Harumph, it took me six weeks in the THING to get to Seattle, without A/C, mind you.
now THAT'S BADASS. Oh, I think you mean "Pedal to the Carpet", right? Team Popped Biscuits' transport mechanism has TEAK FLOORBOARDS.. Yes, real vintage teak.
So, while all y'all are "roughing it smoothly", Team Popped Biscuits will have NO creature comforts to distract us from the task at hand, whatever that is.
I would like to remind the field that Rob's travel-lag (he flew back, didn't walk like a true bad-ass) and seat-time will have him out of sorts just in time for the rally.. Not to mention we'll have him drunk at the Beer Garden for cigars, pints and bluegrass, the night before....
Let's not forget that Robs 3,000 mile cross country trek was brought to you by the letters G-P-S... the other mitigating factor is that the trip was planned and run by his better half, we all know that the estrogen factor increases ones ability to navigate. The All Stars are All Men... which means if heavy objects need to be moved, or in david's case electronics plugged in, they'll be all set. The road rally rules of no electronic (other then my stylish, state mandated, ankle bracelet ) puts the All Stars at a disadvantage. Our Popped Biscuits team has a much better chance since we have yet to figure out how to set the clock on our betamax machines.
The beer garden in Nashua on Main street. If you're going north and cross the river, you've missed it. It's about across the street from the camera store. I'd scare up a link, but you can do some searching for now (we'll all be the ones doing it come friday). Bluegrass jam night is always a blast.
10 Comments:
Weather, smether, you big bunch of pansies! I just drove across the entire US in three days. With my girlfriend. In a Nissan pickup. With no A/C. That's 1000 miles a day through a country-wide heatwave. I am unstoppable at this point. I kept the morale up, the pedal to the metal, and took _no_ wrong turns. Y'all best be watchin' out, but not in your rearview, cause I'll never be there!!
yih yih yih, the tripe these trash talkers project!
No A/C? at least you have a roof to keep the sun off!
the Entire US, in three days? Harumph, it took me six weeks in the THING to get to Seattle, without A/C, mind you.
now THAT'S BADASS. Oh, I think you mean "Pedal to the Carpet", right? Team Popped Biscuits' transport mechanism has TEAK FLOORBOARDS.. Yes, real vintage teak.
So, while all y'all are "roughing it smoothly", Team Popped Biscuits will have NO creature comforts to distract us from the task at hand, whatever that is.
I would like to remind the field that Rob's travel-lag (he flew back, didn't walk like a true bad-ass) and seat-time will have him out of sorts just in time for the rally.. Not to mention we'll have him drunk at the Beer Garden for cigars, pints and bluegrass, the night before....
You just wait & see.
-g
Let's not forget that Robs 3,000 mile cross country trek was brought to you by the letters G-P-S... the other mitigating factor is that the trip was planned and run by his better half, we all know that the estrogen factor increases ones ability to navigate. The All Stars are All Men... which means if heavy objects need to be moved, or in david's case electronics plugged in, they'll be all set. The road rally rules of no electronic (other then my stylish, state mandated, ankle bracelet ) puts the All Stars at a disadvantage. Our Popped Biscuits team has a much better chance since we have yet to figure out how to set the clock on our betamax machines.
where's the Beer Garden? what's a guy got to do to get an invite to the festivities?
The beer garden in Nashua on Main street. If you're going north and cross the river, you've missed it. It's about across the street from the camera store. I'd scare up a link, but you can do some searching for now (we'll all be the ones doing it come friday). Bluegrass jam night is always a blast.
when are we starting on Friday again?
Beer Garden + Bluegrass + Beer + Cigar = Hells yah.
Everybody should be there, in fact. We typically congregate around the 9:00pm hour, but the time is flexible, like Joe's feeding tube.
email Joe, Rob or myself if you're interested in joining in and we'll make it happen!
-g
what time do they open on Friday morning?
I speculate not early enough..
I also speculate that you're still looking for a place to kick the rally off: maybe it's not as well-planned as you let on? hmmmmmmm?
-g
I don't know what gave you the impression that the RR is a well-planned event? We're barely hanging on with our fingernails most of the time...
BTW... we're thinking of starting the RR in beautiful Central Falls, RI.
I think that if you check Greg's Math it's not correct. check this
Math
as it's the correct math
Post a Comment
<< Home