Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Ten Question with Abrano

abrano

This is the only photo I could dig up with Abrano in it (he's in the background in a blue shirt). He's never done the Road Rally, frequently goes to bed early and seems to avoid cameras like the plague. But he does have some thoughts to share... we caught up with him while he was getting a pedicure at one of those fancy places in the North End. The full transcript follows:

RR: What's your favorite hot tub memory? Please share.

Abrano: Definitely Nicole's hot friend Lauren in her designer bikini....she was probably the best thing ever.

RR: What's the first thing you do when you wake up on Saturday morning in Island Pond?
Abrano: Attend to any wounds suffered during the night.

RR: Please fill in the blank (feel free to continue with additional sentences to finish your thought). I never thought I'd see the day__________, but it happened in Island Pond.
Abrano: I never thought I'd see the day_that I would drive 4 hours to drink keg beer in a field at age 29_ but it happened in Island Pond.

Slim is to flip cup as David is to_____________________.
Abrano: Slim is to flip cup as David is to Hurricane by Bob Dylan.

RR: Do you have any memories from your first Pond Party in Island Pond? Please share.
Abrano: Honestly I don't remember the first Pond Party.

RR: What's your favorite Road Rally memory?
Abrano: N/A

RR: Where were you when the Red Sox won the World Series?
Abrano: Seattle. In Boston for the parade.

RR: Any advice for a first timer?
Abrano: Three bits of advice 1) bring a tent 2) beware the constable and 3) stay away from Sheflin.

RR: Have you ever hiked the brook up to the waterfall? If yes, how cold is the water?
Abrano: What, there's a waterfall ?

RR: What are you packing for the weekend that other people might think is a bit strange?
Abrano: I pack light but one thing that some people might find strange is that I intentionally listen to the french language Quebec radio station for 10-15 minutes every Pond Party. I find it relaxing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Island Pond Road Rally. Make you own badge here.