Friday, July 21, 2006

Ten Questions with Erin

Team Isoceles - 2004 Rally Champs
Two-time Rally Champion Erin (above with Isosceles teammates Andy and Jeremy) took time out from her busy training regimen to share her thoughts on the weekend. The complete transcript follows:

RR: What's your favorite hot tub memory? Please share.
Erin: Tim S. running naked from the hot tub around the bonfire. I think that happens every year, but it still makes me laugh (Nothing personal Tim, a naked running man just makes me laugh.)

RR: What's the first thing you do when you wake up on Saturday morning in Island Pond?
Erin: I have a sip of Gatorade and think to myself, "just 364 days until the next Road Rally."

RR: Please fill in the blank (feel free to continue with additional sentences to finish your thought). I never thought I'd see the day__________, but it happened in Island Pond.
Erin: I never thought I'd see the day that I would run around like a madwoman all over NH and VT, to help Isosceles win the Plaque o' Green, but it happened in Island Pond…and I keep coming back, year after year.

RR: Slim is to flip cup as David is to_____________________.
Erin: Oh, I don’t like analogies, but I like David. David is a nice guy.

RR: Do you have any memories from your first Pond Party in Island Pond? Please share.
Erin: I remember arriving really late but having lots of fun. I think we saw a moose on the drive up. Year number two was even better because we joined the Road Rally and won. Good times.

RR: What's your favorite Road Rally memory?
Erin: Well, winning of course! That just feels good.

RR: Where were you when the Red Sox won the World Series?
Erin: I was watching the game at home with Jeremy and Brian Fruh. We watched the chaos from our window. People were running down Beacon Street towards Kenmore Square like Godzilla was chasing them. It was madness.

RR: Any advice for a first timer?
Erin: DO THE ROAD RALLY!!! Have fun. You might end up with an injury or two, but it’s worth it in the end.

RR: Have you ever hiked the brook up to the waterfall? If yes, how cold is the water?
Erin: No, I have not hiked the brook. I bet the water is cold though. I’m ready to hike the brook up to the waterfall if needed.

RR: What are you packing for the weekend that other people might think is a bit strange?
Erin: I’ll be packing a big bag of determination and dedication……Go Isosceles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Island Pond Road Rally. Make you own badge here.