Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Island Pond Road Rally Sign Up

speed racer

Hello all - Please use this post to let us know if you're planning to enter a team in the Road Rally.

We'll start at ~9am on July 20th from somewhere in Massachusetts or southern NH/VT/ME.

Just enter a comment with your intentions, team members, auto and anything else you'd like to include to intimidate/antagonize the other entrants.

Cheers!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now listen up all you mo-fo's.... Consider this my (our) entrance notification.

This year, I'll be good n' jet-lagged for the event, so watch out... for what, I won't yet say. Just umm, watch the F' out..

Yes, it's true.. I'm truncating my back-pack around Europe trip with my fiancé to be at the rally.. That's how serious I am. Honest. No.. really.
-greg (popped biscuits)

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you can pop all the biscuits you think you need to Mr.(no one cares). NOW, if you want to talk training (and even if you don't):
BIG RED has been on a diet of pure, unrefined DETERMINATION since last years close, close loss (ahem, rigged, cough, cough). Return team mates including WWF runner up Bizzy, Jessica (the non-twin), Fielding (the hardest working man on the planet) and I (Mr. Verbal Diarrhea) along with just the right amount of new ass, I mean talented newcomers, will ensure high placement. Bizzy has created our own RR language, not too dissimilar to klingon (an intricate series of grunts, groans and some soft head butting). All in all we are planning on reverting to a more primitive state (back to the basics OR old school) if you will with a clothing optional attitude. Bring it on, Big Red is more than a bit scary, but make no mistake, WE ARE READY...

6:20 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Hmmm - Looks like it's just Team Popped Biscuits & Team Big Red this year. I think the others are runnin' scared already.

Pansies.

-greg

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should we just flip for it (flip cup that is) and drink all day or maybe take in a show?

Darren

3:45 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I'm down with that. I'll bring David Pitkin's crackpipe.

-greg

3:50 PM  
Blogger robert said...

Alright you big mouthed fools. Just cause some of us are busy in the off-season doesn't mean you can go saying anything you want and expect no repercussions.

You may remember last years much touted training regimen (http://tinyurl.com/ywrvzf). Well this year I've taken it up a notch (http://tinyurl.com/yp79nr). You'll notice not just an almost doubling in distance, but also many more stops. While last years endurance came in handy, this year I'm working on stranger-persuasion much more. In fact right now I'm in Portland, OR. Why is that significant? Because I sure as heck don't know anyone in this town, but you can bet I'm not sleeping in my car tonight.

So waste your breathe saying what you will. All this 'mind game' crap only works on the weak. It should be obvious from our quiet determination (and winning streak) that we are anything but weak.

...bitches.

4:23 PM  
Blogger robert said...

For reference, yes, that means the Akina Speed Stars will be there defending the plaque o' green for another year.

(Oh, and I sure as heck didn't sleep in my car in Portland ((or Seattle, either))

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Island Pond Road Rally. Make you own badge here.