Saturday, July 19, 2008

Five Questions with Robert

Robert Playing with Fire

1. Sunrise?

Don't think of sunrise as a time of day, nor as the traditional 'farm alarm clock' that an old hay farmer or dairy rancher might think it is. Think of sunrise as a goal. A way to know you've paced yourself well enough to survive the night. And as a way to know when to go to bed.

2. The beach on Saturday?
Motor boating. Sunbathing. Relaxing in a nice breeze. A place away from the place you're at when you're getting away from it all. Ya follow?

3. Hot tub?
One word: Tennessee.

4. On tenting... antics and best practices?
Best practices? On the right by the trees as you drive in, to get the morning shade. Antics? If I'm going to my tent, you best believe I'm too tired to be up to antics.

5. Favorite memory and parting wisdom.
My first year at the party, too tired to think, my brother David and I went to hike Mt. Pisgah. Way more of a hike than our hungover bodies wanted to do, but it was amazing when we got up there. I think everyone should try for that peak once.

For wisdom? I'm not known for that, but I'd say pack light and enjoy the company of others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Island Pond Road Rally. Make you own badge here.