IPRR Itinerary (huh?)
A rookie (to be named later) just asked me if there was an itinerary for the weekend. Some sort of guide to help set expectations. Here's a very rough outline. Times/activities vary depending on the weather and what you're up for (YMMV).
Friday
8am-8pm - Road Rally. This is a rough estimate.
8pm-10pm - Check in. Set up your tent.
10pm... - Festivities du jour.
Saturday
....am - Wake up. Depending on what time it is, you might want to head downtown for bfast. Since we bring 80+ folks to town for the weekend, we tend to overwhelm the local restaurant pretty quickly. You might want to bring some bagels and cream cheese for yourself (and to share). We have power strips if you want to bring a coffee maker + fixins. There will be hot coals if you want to go old skool like a roughneck.
Daytime - Hike, fish, nap, frisbee, horseshoes, volleyball, beach, swimming, waterskiing, tubing, etc. Help with pulling together sides for the feast, set-up/clean-up is always appreciated.
6:50pm - Group photo near the barn.
7pm(ish) - Full on pig roast with all the fixins. We always recruit rookies to pick the pig. Check in with one of the brothers to secure one of the coveted pig picking spots.
8pm... - Festivities.
9pm... - something colorful in the sky.
10pm... - S'mores on your own. (optional)
Late night... Festivities. Go where your feet bring you.
Sunday
Wake up. Rinse. Repeat.... people pack and leave a various time during the day. Some people stick around for Sunday night.
I hope that's helpful. Feel free to add a comment with more color (veterans) or ask for more details (rookies).
Note: It might be helpful to take a look through Greg's IPRR sets on Flickr to get a better sense what's in store.
9 Comments:
I'll out myself - I'm the rookie asking all the questions.
We're already the underdogs - I'm trying to get as much info as possible, so I can be prepared to have too much fun!
Team Shuckri is looking forward to kicking some veteran ass! That being said, I'm an advocate of pausing to smell the flowers and pet dogs, so if we finish dead last, our road rally will have been in service to a greater, more spiritually rewarding experience.
Expectations should be set high!
The itinerary I plan on is:
friday: Rally, set up tent, drink
saturday: nurse hangover, relax, eat, drink, drink, drink
sunday: wake up, have brunch, limp home with a huge smile!
I concur with Señor Joseptic Pitstain, Esq. Sounds like your team might be inline with Team PB's approach - stopping to get the gestalt of the place. I think those über-competitive teams miss out on a whole lot of great stuff - which brings us to the definition of "winning".
Greg knows all about being a "winner"
He still thinks he's actually special cause his mom said so.
All in all, the rally (for me) is more about the stories / pictures then the actual competition.
But that's because this year there will be no competition, we're in it to win it this year!
Mr Katz, et al are surprisingly absent/silent on the pre-Rally proceedings. Will silence be golden. Discuss amongst yourselves.
Team Akina is mum, too!
where does the speedos and birthday suit runs through the barn fit into the festivities?
These need to be scheduled as soon as possible.
I don't remember any speedos just birthday suits
Post a Comment
<< Home