Can't Stand the Weather
I told you not to pay attention to those early forecasts stating sun & clouds with a 10% chance of rain. The latest forecasts are dim, but I encourage you to again, pay not attention. Well, you should pay a little attention.. bring the poncho as I advised earlier. Maybe bring an extra tarp to put over your tent...
What I'm really here to tell you is that if I had a nickel for every time the weather forecast for Island Pond was rotten and then we spent a sun-splashed weekend frolicking at the Farm... well, I'd have a bunch of nickels in my pocket. Here's my forecast based solely on my past experiences in Island Pond...
Friday
Some sun, but mostly cloudy. Humid. Several passing showers, with little to no accumulation. Clear, cool (50s) night, with a slight chance of a light shower. You'll see the stars at some point and Tim will run by the bonfire with a tiki torch in his hand. There will be much rejoicing.
Saturday
Periods of sun and clouds. One (that's right... one) thunderstorm, that comes across the lake quickly and leaves after scaring the crap out of any dogs on the property. Clearing in the evening with a beautiful sunset and stars like you've never seen before. Certain nudity in the hot tub after 10pm.
Sunday
Overcast, with low-hanging clouds burning off in the late morning. Those of you that stick around into the afternoon will be rewarded with one of those rare Vermont summer days when the dew in the grass fills the air with a sweet oxygen-filled aroma usually only enjoyed by dairy cows.
See you soon!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home