Five Questions with Andy
1. Sunrise?
I think Norah Jones puts it best…
“SunriseIt always seems like 9:15 at the Farm. Time stands still. It’s Vegas without the lights (and the desert heat, and no limos….yet)
Sunrise
Looks like morning in your eyes
But the clock's held 9:15 for hours”
2. The beach on Saturday?
On Saturday after breakfast has sunk in and a few volleyball games have been played, most of us migrate to the beach for boating, bocce, and tanning. I stay at The Farm and whittle sticks for Saturday night Smores by the bonfire. I bet you’ve always wondered where the sticks come from. You entitled bastards.
3. Hot tub?
My best memory of the hot tub was placing random foods all over a passed out Bryan at 5am. Please tell me there are pictures.
4. On tenting... antics and best practices?
Four comments...
- Setting up your tent in the dark before going to bed is fun for others watching, but will get old fast for the tentees. Set up camp as soon as possible upon arriving at the Farm and then enjoy!
- Keep your tent zipped or you might as well be sleeping outside.
- Sleeping in a car results in at least one of four scenarios:
- a terribly stiff neck
- a car that smells like dirty socks
- a snoring concert
- an itch in your anus
- Best tent location… now….if I reveal tips for best tent locations then I’ll be waking up in a deep sweat. Nice try!
It’s hard to pick one, but winning the Road Rally certainly ranks pretty high up there. If you can, get involved in the Road Rally. The adrenaline will carry you through Friday night.
Parting thoughts…
Make it your own. Anything can happen. In 12 years at The Farm, I’ve seen fireworks, a live band, juggling fire, a golf hole, slip n’ slide, guitars playing by the fire, a 20 team Beirut tournament, and way too many naked men. The brothers deserve most of the credit, but it is all the unique personalities that make it what it is.
1 Comments:
Putting the food on Abrano was so funny...please post those pictures
Post a Comment
<< Home