
1. Sunrise?That damned bright ball of hellish fury always seems to show up way to early... I refuse to talk about the sunrise. it is an evil concept that has to be stopped at all cost.
2. The beach on Saturday?
I think I've made it to the beach once on Saturday... I know a lot of people go down to the beach and never come back... oh wait we aren't supposed to talk about that. The beach is great on saturday, just be sure to have had something non-alcoholic before going down there because the sun will do a number on you and you'll miss out on the festivities later in the evening. If you're lucky you'll get to see...
3. Hot tub?By far one of the coolest (or hottest?) IP inventions. It always ends up a clothing optional event. I've become a champion "cross tub diver" over the years, and doubt that much competition will be had this year as most other "cross tubbers" are in Beijing for the Olympics since they couldn't hack the IPRR games.
4. On tenting... antics and best practices?
There's two schools of thought on the tenting situation. We've always opted for the 'far' location. It puts you in an ideal position (the shade) in the morning, and away from any and all commotion in the AM. There is a distinct disadvantage to it, having quite a hike from party central to the tenting site. I am always impressed by those who opt for the 'under barn' tenting. I can see how in the event of a storm this would serve to keep your tent dry. Whether you opt for the 'close' tent city for ease of location and proximity to the port-a-john or the 'far' location a tent is the best option. I've seen many a strange injury of people who have elected to sleep in the car.
5. Favorite memory and parting wisdom.
There are to many great memories from the rally to nail it down to just one. I think the fireworks from two years ago have to be up there. Watching a semi-sober person stumble around in the dark with a road flare lighting off fireworks reminded me of so many 4ths as a child... There's also a lot of memories that are burned in that i wish i could forget, Greg in a speedo... Dave not in a speedo...
Charge your batteries, drink plenty of fluids, mind the gap, don't cross the streams, and keep the rubber side down.
Team Popped Biscuits are on a mission from god this year and no one will keep our cross continental team from our share of PBR!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home